Hey all! It is 4:04am and yes I am up blogging.
You could call it utter madness but my body clock just says “You know you are awake so time to be up”.
In this blog post I am sharing my Ten Things a Soccer Coach Should have:
- Excellent organisation skills, as often you will be responsible for collecting subs, looking after the team and keep tabs on the games that the team are going to play and look after your equipment
- Have enough footballs. Don’t over do it because the team needs to learn to share, but do pack extras in your car just in case. You’ll be surprised at how quickly they can go missing
- They possess a register of all the players which should be used on match days.
- A tactic board, as is easier go over what training we are going to do, and what we will be doing next
- A whistle to grab their attention
- Who is friendly, authoritative and approachable
- Who has team spirit
- Brilliant and effective communication
- At least level 1 qualified
- First aid trained
I have made the above list into a Cheat Sheet which you can download and use below:
Many thanks for reading,